how to remove diff bearing race?

clutch mystery aside, and soon to be replaced, I have turned my attention to the tranny on the bench. I have significant play in the output shafts (radial) and will replace the diff bearings (only 70k miles on them), along with syncros. But how do I remove the bearing race when shimming up the final drive? I dont understand the tool shown in the bentley. Thanks.

Reply to
thateb

thateb

It's normal for the output flanges to have some play. It's just how they are made!

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Reply to
thateb