Replacing 1998 Jetta K2 Electrical Radiator Fan 2.0 auto with a/c

Are there any tricks in doing this, or follow the Bentley and basically take off the front bumper? Oh how I relish doing this job on one of these! lol

TIA

Reply to
One out of many daves

Those are easy to do. Just pop out the four bolts that hold the bumper to the unibody, then take the four bolts out that hold the rad support to the fenders/unibody and then take out the 2 bolts that hold the radiator to the rad support. Then the whole front end will slide off ( don't forget to unhook the electrical connectors for the lights. After that you have complete access to the rad and the fans.

Reply to
wolfsburgnut

lol I bet you like heater core jobs too! ;-) big thanks! This is how I planned to do it.

Reply to
One out of many Daves

Reply to
wolfsburgnut

I guess it does get easier when you do it a few times. :-) And it sounds like you do it for fun then! lol

I will change over the fan, by taking off the front of the Jetta, when the fan comes in.

thanks, dave

Reply to
One out of many Daves