Hydraulic clutch venting, how to ?

Hi

I just changed the steel-pipe betwen the master and slave cylinder.

Then after refilling the braking fluid, and pumping the clutch pedal up and down, the clutch pedal give no friction at all.

Any idears on how to vent air out of the system ?

(car is a turbo diesel transporter from 1989)

Christian

Reply to
Christian Tange

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

The bleed screw was stopped, I cleaned it with a thin steel-wire and I could get the air out. But I had expected it to be easier.

Christian

Reply to
Christian Tange

follow the pipe to the gearbox, you will see the clutch slave cylinder, there is a bleed nipple which is used to bleed air out of the system, its a

2 man job, one person slowly pressing on the clutch pedal while the other opens and closes the bleed nipple, a clear tube should be placed on the bleed nipple and emersed in brake fluid to prevent air returning back into the system. hope this helps....

Reply to
steve

Thank you for the answer. I got it done, and you are right it is a 2 man job.

In an other thread in this group I ask where the gearbox -oil screw is located. Do you know ?

Christian

Reply to
Christian Tange