1978 MGB Clutch Problems

I have rebuilt the master cylinder and the slave cylinder with repair kits. I have blown out the hydraulic lines and replaced the hose between the frame and the slave cylinder. I can not get hydraulic fluid to flow to bleed the system while pumping the clutch pedal unless I first pressurize the master cylinder with a hand tire pump. When I get the air bubbles out of the fluid and close the vent valve on the slave cylinder I can not build up enough hydraulic pressure to operate the clutch. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Reply to
John Thurston

Check and see if the piston in the master cylinder hasn't stuck. No peddle pressure. You will still get fluid to the slave even if the piston has stuck by the way you are doing it.

Another are the rubbers in correctly?

I let the fluid free flow to the slave and wait till the the air is out (even though the valve is at the bottom) Then leave overnight and it seems to let the remainder of the air go back to the master and I get peddle.

rm

Reply to
Rob