I'm part of your little secret club society now...

Interesting.
Ok on your headlamp switch, do you have an off and headlamps-on position only (so only 2 positions) or do you have off-parking lamps-headlamps on (3 positions)?
An unmolested US or Canadian A3 car wiith DRLs (all Canadian A3s and all US A3s from '95 have DRLs) came with the 2-position switch. If yours is a 3-positiion switch, the previous owner replaced it with a European-specification switch and also chose the one with the foglamp option while he/she was at it.

Dunno on that one.

Three positions. Four if you count "out" to engage the nonexistent fog lights. I'll snap a picture this weekend.

Well, having lived with the car for a week, and from the detail for the carfax file, I'm confident the car's never been wrecked. And if it was, it's been put back together perfectly. I mean, I've NEVER had a car that drove so evenly and pointed itself so willingly perfectly straight... I had a 93 Isuzu Pup (WAY BACK, new) that never stayed aligned... then a 95 Mustang Convertible (new as well) that just bounced and twisted if you THOUGHT about anything other that a glass smooth road. Anyhow, I can't imagine why someone would start changing the interior controls.
I'm enormously happy with this car. It could easily be a 2 year old. It was money very well spent.
S. John

lights. I'll snap a picture this weekend.
You have the European spec foglamp switch then.

controls.
They either were planning to add foglamps and/or wanted a parking lamp position on the switch that's all.
FOR SALE: 2001 VW Cabrio GLS - AWESOME, FUN CAR!!!
Blue on blue with black interior 5 speed 56,000 miles Air All power Heated seats Bra included 6 disc CD changer Alarm Cruise Anti-lock brakes Keyless entry EXCELLENT CONDITION!
$11,900 Located: Camp Hill, PA (near Harrisburg, PA)
email: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com if interested! thanks!!!

FOR SALE: 2001 VW Cabrio GLS - AWESOME, FUN CAR!!!
Blue on blue with black interior 5 speed 56,000 miles Air All power Heated seats Bra included 6 disc CD changer Alarm Cruise Anti-lock brakes Keyless entry EXCELLENT CONDITION!
$11,900 Located: Camp Hill, PA (near Harrisburg, PA)
email: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com if interested! thanks!!!
Swammi says. Hmmm, such a nice car but it is just out of warranty. So, it's time to sell and buy the next one until it goes out of warranty and so on and so on and well you know.
So what is the replacement. Swammi says, Ford Focus????

--
Jeeps and dubs and everything's nice...
Replace nospam with jetta for e-mail