Idle Ajust - 1989 Golf

I've looked all around the carb - how do you adjust the idle on a 1989 Golf GL - 1.6L?

Thanks

Reply to
Disco

There is no idle adjust on an '89 Digifont. Well, there is a little idle stop where the cable hooks into that little 1/4 wheel thingy, but no idle adjustment per se. The Digifont's brain responds to various inputs to adjust idle speed electronically, and if something is amiss then the idle speed won't be right.

First off, we need to confirm that you have the Digifont system.

Second, we need to understand what the motor's doing, and under what circumstances.

Tim Wohlford '89 Golf, 246,000 miles (all of 'em mine!)

Reply to
Tim Wohlford

Reply to
Randolph

Right. The poster had a .be address though so he has a Europan model.

Reply to
Matt B.