Jetta GL add on console

We just purchased a 2004 Jetta GL. It does not come with center console. We want a console.

Is there any after market center console available? Does anyone able to buy a GLS model center console and install successfully in a GL model? Any problems?

Did anyone tried to install the console offered in eBay, but its from Hong Kong?

Reply to
ajkc

I've seen an online step by step process of adding in the armrest from a GLS (I just can't find the link for you - I did look online a little bit, to the sites where I may have seen it) - you have a console in your GL, the console is where the radio is housed, and it goes all the way down to wrap around the shifter, then it goes back to hold the parking break and coin holder... All you should be missing is the armrest.

Look up VW Armrest conversion or something similar... Keep trying similar topics and you might find something.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Did anyone buy a used GLX arm rest console from junk yard and try to install into a 2004 Jetta GL ? Is there any holes or installation screws missing in the GL model?

How difficult is this installation? Anyone done it before?

Reply to
ajkc

My guess once you get all the brackets, trim pieces it should be a bolt in job. I haven't had an 04 apart yet but the previous years are held in by 8mm nuts on studs on the body. I'm sure the studs should be there on all the cars.

Reply to
Woodchuck

This doesn't look like an apples-to-apples comparison, but here's a link for installing an armrest on an older golf:

Don't

Reply to
MB

Reply to
Rob Guenther

according to this VW junk yard, they think the 2004 GLX jetta console arm rest is different with earlier 2003 or older models, is this correct?

sorry, I have not gotten any 2004 models yet, they are different than 2003 and older, we sell the armrest for $150 when we have them

----- Original Message ----- To:

Reply to
ajkc