2003 Jetta GLS

I'm new to the group so pls forgive mistakes.

Just purchased '03 Jetta GLS automatic from CARMAX, very happy so far.

Anyone have any experiences changing headlights? Need more light at night and would like to install units with fog lights or after market headlight units if available. Any info would be appreciated! I imagine all the headlights for that body style are interchangable so if I find the lights they should bolt in, does anyone know if the cars are wired for the extra lights so I can just change the switch or do you need to change wiring harness as well?

Reply to
Kevin

I suggest you take a good look not at the headlights, but at the plastic cover over them. The plastic tends to get scratched and yellowed over time. A good cleaning and polishing can often make a large difference. I suggest checking out

I suggest Meguiar's products.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

How old are you? You may be like myself in that my headlamps are bright, but my eyes are degrading from getting old.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Pretty much anything for that body style will bolt in, yes.

The car however is not pre-wired for fogs.

Reply to
Matt B.