Lightweight hydraulic lifters

Anyone tried these?

My 86 GTI has a tick I can't get rid of from #1 exhaust lifter and wondering if maybe changing to these would help (or if I need a whole new head... already changed all the lifters once).

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Hey John, Did you check the springs for the valves? One may be weak or broken!

OT Also I was asked if there were any place to rent AND USE a canoe in the inner city? He is fresh from CA and he seems to use a Kayak on the ocean. 8^) later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

dave wrote: : Hey John, : Did you check the springs for the valves? One may be weak or broken!

Springs?

: OT : Also I was asked if there were any place to rent AND USE a canoe in the inner : city?

Did you check

? There are twoplaces I know of on the Chicago River, but... it's getting late in the season, probably only Chicagoland Canoe Base will rent now and he'll have to convince Vic that it would be a safe thing to do because the temps arechanging....

: He is fresh from CA and he seems to use a Kayak on the ocean. 8^)

Warm water, clean water... come paddle in our toilet ;-)

: later,

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Springs, like under the lifter springs, what do you think bring's the valve back up? They have 2 of them, one inside the other and yes they do break.

Reply to
Mustangbrad

And to inspect them with head on the vehicle you need to put compressed air into the cylinder via the spark plug hole, remove the cam and suspect lifter, put a valve spring compressor onto the valve to compress the valve to remove the keeper and then pull out the spings.

Reply to
Mustangbrad