Looking to buy a 2002-2003 Passat GLS, have a couple of questions...

Hi all,

I posted these questions to an online forum, but I thought I'd try here, too.

Just a couple of quick questions. I'm going to buy a 2002-2003 GLS in the next couple of weeks. I've been looking at a few, and have some questions.

1) One car was well maintained mechanincally, but the interior shows some cosmetic wear. Specifically, the front door armrests have a lot of wear in the handle area (where you pull the door closed). There is also some scratches on the shifter trim, and other minor cosmetic wear. Are replacement parts available at a reasonable price? This is a 2002 GLS with black leather interior.

2) Another 2002 car was also well maintaned, both mechanically and cosmetically, but has 74,000 highway miles. I know the seller, but still have some concerns about the miles. Should I look for a car with lower miles?

Thanks for any pointers!

Rob

Reply to
Robert Williams

I would go with the lower miles car hands down. "reasonable price"... call your dealer parts department and ask how much the items cost.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck