Looking to buy???

I have been offered a 1999 Corvette with 28,000 miles in mint condition for $20,000. The car is absolutely beautiful and am extremely tempted to purchase it but just wanted to check to see if it's a good deal. I don't know much about vettes other than I have wanted one for a number of years. Are they reliable?

Thanks

Reply to
EdGonzalez75

Much more reliable than other exotics. Much less reliable than a Camry.

Enjoy and remember to wave!

Reply to
PJ

Im always looking in the Chicago Tribune newspaper at used vettes for sale, and a 1999 in great shape with 28 k. miles for $20,000 is good

-- not a steal, but still good. Things that would sway me would be if the last owner(s) babied it, maintained it well, has maintenance reciepts and repair reciepts, and if it had the equipment on it that you find favorable. Join a local Vette Club and youll learn alot about it and have fun going on outings with it. Its truly a neat sub-culture.

Dave

Reply to
dave

Ed, I have been reading this group for years. Owned 3 corvettes. Every time I buy a car and mention price this group tells me about all the cheap cars they bought. However........... never has anyone come through.

I have been looking and 99 corvettes with about 28,000 miles in mint condition should sell for about ....... $23K I would guess would be good. Just sold a 96 car with 20K for $19500. Bought for $20K three years ago. When I bought that car 3 years ago this group said the car should be bought for around $14 grand. So take it for what it is worth.

Good luck.

Oh one more thing.... either Dad or bob wrote me a few years ago. If you want to save money, put it in the bank. If you want to enjoy yourself, buy it drive it. They are right. Buy the best car you can afford and you will spend the least amount maintaining in.

Reply to
rebco10

Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. I am definitely exited about purchasing this car and look forward to driving it on the weekends.

Dave,

The car has been babied and is kept in a garage with a car cover. The car looks brand new.

Reply to
EdGonzalez75

================================== I HAD been seriously looking for a 2000 to 2002 Vette (Z06 or convertible) for the last 6- momnths...and I just bought a 98 with 21,400 miles fro MORE then 20K... Convertible, Z51, 6 speed,

2000 style wheels, aftermarket cat back exhaust.

Spent more for this car that some 2000-2002 cars I looked at BUT it had everything I wanted plus I could put it in a show this morning without even dusting it off... its clean.!

I would have passed on a 99 automatic couple for 20 K BUT thats just me....I did not want a Coupe, nor did I want an automatic... 20 K is tempting price IF it will satisfy your "needs"

Bob G..

Reply to
Bob G.