Low oil pressure

Thanks, Dave. I'll change that sensor and see what happens.

Reply to
Papa

check your gauge sender and/or groud strap

those OP readings are fine, if you have a bearing issue that's a separate problem, if you hear noise it is likely rod bearings, you can do those in the car

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Thanks very much, Nate.

What does "OP" mean?

Reply to
Papa

Never mind. It finally occurred to me that it might mean Oil Pressure. I need a cup of coffee!!

Reply to
Papa

change the senders, use the correct weight oil (20w50), and I bet you will no longer have a problem with the light coming on.

-Ken

Reply to
VW FREAK

Thanks, Ken. I will be changing the senders soon. I already went to 20W50, but the gauge still reads the same as before. However, the idiot light does not flash as much as it did - but it still does occasionally does. Two days ago I took it on a 25 mile freeway drive at freeway speeds, and no flicker at all. This was with the 20W50 oil.

Reply to
Papa

I actually had a pressure sender fail, IE it was squirting oil out the side of the head. they are not the best senders.....

Reply to
VW FREAK

... and they are ridiculously expensive (the dual senders). I've seen them as high as $180.00 !

Reply to
Papa

uhh, try shopping somewhere else then. most of them a just a few bucks.

Reply to
VW FREAK

If only that were true. The dual senders are VERY expensive. The ones that are single senders (both the low and high pressure ones) are $5 to $6 each.

Reply to
Papa

I recently found 2 sources for the dual oil pressure sender that are in the $50 range. One is at

and the other is at
That is a huge savings over the $180 prices I have seen elsewhere. The VW part number is 035 919 561 A.

Reply to
Papa