mirror crack

I've got a passenger side mirror with a crack through it (visible crack) but he rest of the mirror is fine.... Do any of you guys know the options for fixing this (without buying a whole new mirror assembly of course.

I'm think either A) the mirror piece can be purchased somewhere, or B) I thought I saw some kind of mirror repair stuff in the automotive store... perhaps something to cover the enter mirror ..

Any ideas?

Reply to
Chris

Mirror glass 95% of the time snaps out. On my '91 GTI, the mirror glass is about $40 and it just takes some careful prying to unsnap it and pop the new one in. Over time I had to replace both left and right glasses. Once I got one from parts4vws.com and another time I got it from the dealer and the price didn't vary much at all.

If youi shared with us the year and model of the car, that'd sure help too.

Reply to
Matt B.

I've also got an extra driver side mirror piece from from my 89 when someone did a hit and run, broke the housing but not the mirror amazingly enough.

-Andrew

Reply to
DruG

Don't know if you get it there, but in the UK you can buy a syringe and inject some sort of liquid that forms solid, wipe away the excess and its supposed to look as new. Used by insurance glass repairers here, but mainly for wind screens.

Reply to
Joe

Dealer sells just the glass!

Reply to