Mk 3 Golf four stud offset

Does anyone know what the offset should be for 6J x 15" wheels on a 4 stud Golf MK3?

Reply to
Tom

Mk3 should be 6J X 14.

My alloys are 45 mm offset.

DC

Reply to
David Cotie

Is 45 mm right for a 6J wheel then? How wide are your wheels? I was going to fit MK2 6J x 15 but they are 35 mm offset.

Thanks Tom

Reply to
Tom

I believe the 6 stands for 6 inch wide.

35 mm offset would be 10 mm less than standard.

DC

Reply to
David Cotie

So the wheels would be 20mm father apart. I want to fit 15" wheels but I want them to be VW ones, I dont think there are any that are right for the car. Does anyone know different?

Reply to
Tom