Need Advice: '99 Golf IV Sunvisor Mirror Light Problem

The mirror light on the sunvisor of my newly acquired '99 Golf isn't working. The driver's side works fine, but the passenger side doesn't work. The switch sounds like it is engaging, but I'm not getting any power. I replaced the light bulb, but it didn't fix the problem.

Is it common occurence for this switch to fail so quickly? Any way to repair it? VW only sells the visor in pairs which costs in excess of $100. Yikes!!!

Thanks,

-Victor

Reply to
Victor Trucco

First you must figure out what you have and don't have such as voltage to the light or switch. If the lights are part of the visor then just remove the visor and check the wires going to it.

Reply to
Woodchuck