Needlessly paying for information (speedways.co.uk)

In case anyone else was considering paying £5 to download instructions for changing a B5 cambelt (or on a range of other procedures) from

as I did (fool be me)...... you might try having a look at
first where you can download (for free) theexact same document I paid for and a range of others. Alternatvely have alook at the forums on
instead where there is loads ofinformation available for free. Ain't there just some great people on the plant ?

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller

Also see...

Don't you mean on the planet?

Reply to
Nick

Indeed I did (!)

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller

Better off spending £ 14 on the Haynes manual mate.

Neil.

Reply to
Neil Down

IMHO,

is superior to Haynes and it's "free".If you don't speak Russian, simply use the search function for--mostof the pdfs are in English and they date back to at least '85. Mostdocuments give a nut-by-nut breakdown. OTOH, the Haynes manual can substitute for a cheap head-rest (in Canada, they're only $15) ;-)

Reply to
Darryl

I've already provided this link to Iain and I am well aware of the benefits of that site and have used it on occasion. My point was that £14 on the Haynes manual is better spent than £6.00 on a single document from speedways.co.uk; my point was not that Haynes was better (or otherwise) than the Russian site. No single source is sufficient IMHO for some of the larger jobs on the Passat. I use Haynes, the Bentley manual and various web resources. Like anything else, the Haynes is great for some jobs and next to useless for others. Not a very good head-rest either I suspect unless they still sell them in hardback over in Canada ;-)

Reply to
Neil Down

So I found out.....I did the download over a week ago & have been stewing/seething over it since I found the link to the same doc. I just posted the information so (hopefully) nobody else would get ripped off.

Oh and I bought a Haynes manual too ;-)

rgds

I.

Reply to