New Scam

I received an e-mail today which appears to be an interesting new scam. Based on the e-mail address they sent the message to, the sender got my address from a post I made on this forum last week.

The bottom line is that my e-mail was supposedly selected to be the recipient for a ticket in the Spanish national lottery. It was supposedly part of a promotion for Skoda.

While they ask that I send some personal information, they didn't ask for a SS# or a credit card number.

I was wondering how many others in this forum got the same e-mail.

Thanks

David

Reply to
David

none2u

heh a friend of mine just got one from BMW UK, or so it says, indicating he won a new 5-series. Sounds similar...asked a lot of personal information, no SSN or CC#, but did ask for a driver's license photocopy or scan. Hmmmm...ya right.

Honestly I have never used my real email addy on this, or any, newsgroup board. My reply address is bogus, for obvious reasons. No need to have your real addy in posts to a board like this anyway.

Reply to
Matt B.

Yeah i also received that same text about the lottery they needed someone to claim prize i didn't even respond.Like who gives you millions for not even playing yeah right.

Reply to
shellyatkins79