Anyone heard of these people? Scam???

Received this in response to my 1994 Volvo for sale.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am the sales manager of danielprocurement limited,our company is located in ports Corporation of Queensland GPO Box 409 Brisbane Qld 4001, Australia.I have a client who is interested in your goods and he has accepted to pay the sum of $5300 as you have requested.

We are been paid with commission for the purchase of the goods by the buyer and the shippers that are coming for the pick up we be settled by my client as well.I will want you to reach me immediately if the goods is still available for sale,so that we can complete this transaction in a timely manner.

Thanks and God Bless,

daniel......

Reply to
HankL

I received the following cryptic reply to my ad to sell an Audi A6 Avant (Canadian); two subsequent shorted communiqués afterward were no more specific, and appeared equally translated from another tongue........God Bless someone selling a car???

"I got your mail and your price well accepted. However,you have to give us sometime to contact our client on phone, we have been trying hisline for sometime now,i believe it's switched off, Theamount in the check he deposited for the order is bigger than what should be paid to you, though it's meant or the total expenses which includes the purchase , the pick up and the shipping bills. so we want to know if we shall carry on with that or if he will make arragement for another check ASAP. he is presently in saudi arabia on a visit. i will get back to you as soon as i conclude issues with him.Please get back to us as soon as you recieve this. Thanks and God bless,

Augustine"

Reply to
K Bourke

I have seen the conclusion to this somewhere and can't remember where, but yes, it is a scam. It's something to do with paying them the difference between their big check and your small asking price, as they can't contact the buyer. If I come across it again I will post it.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

From a point at sea, to the circles of your mind, this is K Bourke:

cf.

If you followed up, what's the betting that you would eventually get an email asking for money in good faith in order to speed up the transaction, your bank account details, credit card number, life policy number, the title deeds to your house, your daughter's mobile phone number...

Plus an infinite amount of spam email.

Smells suspiciously like that Nigerian heir to a fortune...

Reply to
Stewart Hargrav

This IS a scam .

They will ask you to take a **certfied** checque for an amount larger than the purchase price, give them the vehicle PLUS the difference in cash.

The cheque will be bogus.

Only accept cash in a case like this. Do NOT take any form of cheque payment, credit card or anything else. If you must take a cheque, wait for it to clear and you have CASH in hand before delivering the vehicle.

The *fact* that they are a broker or representing a foreign client, etc., is IRRELEVENT!! WHO CARES???

Keep in mind all you want to do is exchange a vehicle you no longer want for CASH you do want!!

Sad stories are for readers and radio shows.

Unless they show up with CASH stay away from both of these people and all of their cousins.

chuck petterson

73ES
Reply to
Support Your Community Band

SCAM.

They overpay you and youy end up out shipping, a car, and their out of country cashiers check bounces.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

The cashiers check - wait two months - no joke - and don't touch the funds. It will bounce. If you use the funds, the bank will come after you.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

We've had at least 1000 here. Please see

Classic Car Fair