Passat 2004 1.8t engine vibration

I used to love VW passat !

I bought my second manual 1.8t passat in last December (a 2004). The car was delivered to me with a anoying vibration felt in steering, door panel, pedals, seat and shifter. The cas has now close 20,000 km and the problem is still not fixed. Dealer suspect now, the vibration may be comming from " Engine fly weel". Vibration is felt from idle and grow in intensity as engine rpm goes up. At 120 km/h it feels llike a Dremel power tool in your hand. After an hour or two, it is extremely anoying.

I test driven another 2004 passat and realised the same kind of vibration was present.

None of that nasty vibration was present on my 1999 1.8t passat.

NEW buyer, be aware, insist to test drive the car we deliver to you before to pay the bill.

Reply to
VW weaking fan

If you drove another Passat and it's the same, maybe it's just "that way"? Did you talk to the VW rep on this issue?

Reply to
Woodchuck

Weird, but I have seen many 1.8T with and without a vibration noticeable at idle. A Passat 2003 was fine, but a brand new Audi A4 2002 was unpleasant by vibrating so much.

Reply to
Saintor

Reply to
Tim Burr