Passat 2004 engine vibration

I used to love VW passat !

I bought my second manual 1.8t passat GLS in last December (a 2004). The car was delivered to me with a anoying vibration felt in steering, door panel, pedals, seat and shifter. The car has now close 24,000 km and the problem is still not fixed. Dealer suspect now, the vibration may be comming from " Engine fly weel". Vibration is felt from idle and grow in intensity as engine rpm goes up. At 100 km/h it feels like a Dremel power tool in your hand foot and shifter. After an hour or two, it is extremely anoying.

I test driven another new 2004 passat and realised the same kind of vibration was becoming apparent. Initialy the cad har to be warm to feel it, but now it is there all the time. Chief mechanic at VW told some 1.8t engines run smooth while other are rought. They do not know why

None of that nasty vibration was present on my 1999 1.8t passat.

NEW buyer, be aware, insist to test drive the car we deliver to you before to pay the bill.

Reply to
VW weaking fan

Haven't you posed this exact same problem like 3 times here already?

........ tell them to put a new engine in or something

Reply to
Rob Guenther

I bought a passat 2004 1.8t standard last May. I have complained of a similar problem to the dealer. The vibration has a frequency higher than mist balanced tires. The dealer told me their 1.8t engine got more rough since they got boost from 150 to 170 hp. I have run 4 cylinders engines for more than 20 years (beetle, Sirroco, Chevette, camry, Accord and Sienna).

In town it is not too bad but at highway speed 60M/h and up it is quite annoying !

I am looking around to get another brand !

Dodge Magnum has some german design at decent price!

Good luck !

"VW weaking fan" a écrit dans le message de news:OMN_c.7569$ snipped-for-privacy@wagner.videotron.net...

Reply to
Passat2004 1.8t

If that were the case, then the Audi A4 should exhibit the same problem (as well as the Jetta and GTI 1.8Ts). Does anyone know if this is the case?

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith