Passat 60,000 mile service

Hi Everyone,

My 2004 Passat 1.8 is due for its 60,000 mile service. Is this a necessary service and can I do it myself? The dealer charges a fortune. Thanks in advance. David

Reply to
D&LBusch

YES you can! ;-) If not under warranty..........you can do anything you want and save that money for things you can't do or don't want to do yourself!

Here are two Passat specific yahoo groups you can join. snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

You can do any maintenance you want as long as you make sure all the things listed in the owner's manual are done and done properly.

The only exception is when the manufacturer has added the maintenance charges to the price of the car and provides "free" (yea sure it's free, because you already paid for it) maintenance, and in that case you need to have them do the work or risk warranty claims being denied.

Reply to
sligoNoSPAMjoe