Passat 91 Coolant pump

I am about to replace a coolant pump on VW Passat 91 (the early 91 model with air conditioning and clutch based pulley)

Since I'll be taking the belts off I am also thinking to replace some of them since the whole thing will be apart. What other belts/may be pulleys one would recommend to replace at the same time?

Tnx!

Dgrand

Reply to
Support

all of them... including timing belt and tensioner pulley.

Reply to
Woodchuck

I guess that means you should change the front crankshaft, intermediate shaft and camshaft seals also while you are replacing the timing belt. Are you sure you don't have a late 1991 Passat like mine?

Have fun!

dave

tnks, I think coolant pump, the pumps v-belt and maybe clutch based pulley as it rattles (I think the bearing is gone inside it ) would be sufficient. Changin timing belt looks like overkill...

Dgrand

Reply to
Support

not really, if you are taking the t-belt off then the few extra $$$ are well worth it. Also the pulley on the water pump with the built in bearing is pricy. It's really not a true bearing per say.

Reply to
Woodchuck