passat mfa

Hi Drivers,

recently bought a 96 passat glx to keep my 89 jetta company. Passat's in good condition overall but there are a few minor glitches I'd like your advice on.

First up - I can't get the mfa to function. Everything else on the dash and the column works, And vag-com is giving me all of the engine info that the mfa would give, so I'm figuring that it's just a poor contact on the end of the wiper arm. Is there any way I can disassemble the plastic there to get at the switch? Should I flood it with contact cleaner? Am I on the wrong track?

TIA - Chris

Reply to
starburst

Randolph