problem with brakes on a 86 Polo

I have problems to get my Polo 1.3 brake even on the frontbrakes. The right side brakes harder as the left. I tried to install new brakedisk and brakepads. (made by ATE). I also pumped the piston out for 6 brakepump strokes and lubricated the hydr. piston with the right lubricant. Pushed the piston in and pumped out igen .......did this 3 times..... The right wheel is a bit harder to turn round as the left..... Any ideas? Greetings from Denmark....MIC

Reply to
BS

Check if guide pins on right front caliper are slightly bent, might lead to binding. If that is ok I would check right rear brake cylinder for leakage and/or air pockets in brake fluid on the diagonal left front and right rear. Brake pedal should be firm, not spongy and not be elevated by pumping the brakes.. Change of fluid with venting on all wheels will also help. Remember also to check hoses.

regards

Reply to
Ottar Tverberg

Thanks for your answer. The car passed the "syn" today. Braking was almost even on the teststand. This morning i bleeded both frontbrakes. It must have done it. Bye... MIC

Reply to
BS