00 passat 1.8 Turbo fuel problem???

HI

I have a 00 Passat 1.8 Turbo with 28K mIles on it the check engine light came on and it seems to run good but I put the scanner on it and it said code# 1128. Long term fuel trim B1 System too lean. What controls this what sensor or sensors control this reading. What can I test.

Thanks any help would be great.

Reply to
Eddie DeStafney

Check real close for vacuum leaks around the intake manifold! The fault means the engine is running too lean which 95% of the time is a vacuum leak. The other 5% is a fault MAF. Re-connect your scanner and check block value

08 display 32 and post the results. Now if you turned the light off you will need to drive the car to get the results as they take time to adjust.
Reply to
Woodchuck