Question about which engine

We have a 2001 Jetta, GLS 2.0L.

On what appears to be the cover for the timing belt, the engine designation is shown as AVH 059453. On the sticker in the rear wheel well the engine designation is AZG.

Something is wrong. Does anyone know how to differentiate between these engine designations?

Thanks

Reply to
Dermott

Not sure about the 2.0 but back in the day such as on my '91 GTI's 1.8 engine, the engine code and serial number is stamped on the block on a flat spot between the 3rd and 4th cylinders below the spark plug holes, example: RV 1234567890 so "RV" is the engine code. See if your engine has such a thing. If so, I'd go by that as the engine code.

Reply to
Matt B.

Acording to Bentley manual both codes designate the 2.0. AEG, AVH, AZG ..........2.0L 4-Cylinder Gasoline.

and

AWD, AWW, AWP designate 1.8L turbo gas

Reply to
Mike