rabbit update

Hello to all, I am writing to say thanks again to everyone who helped me out with my water pump pulley (see hard to find parts), as well as give a bit of an update on my 83 rabbit. I did manage to find the pulley, cost me around 45.00 and installed perfectly. I also managed to get the timing belt on correctly, with the help of my local mechanic! Unfortunately it was dented by the tow truck in the process:( I guess I will have to add that to my list of things to do. After all that the car worked fine for a few days. That is untill earlier this evening when my tire almost fell off (I just tightened all the lug nuts a few days ago), and my alternator went out causing my battery to die. I guess I am just lucky. This car has is definately helping me learn the how to's on many, many things. It is a good thing I like it so much or I would have probrably gone mad by now.

Thanks again to everyone who helped out.

-chris

Reply to
Chris

I have had Rabbit alternators fail to charge due to a bad ground strap on the alternator. I have also had brushes wear out.

A torque wrench setting the lug bolts to the correct torque has never failed me but I only have maybe a million miles of driving on my vehicles and practically no repairs done by anyone else.

I have brought back to life a few vehicles from junkyards. You are having good luck bringing the car back to life. Carry on.

Reply to
Jim Behning

[...]

dave AKA vwdoc1