Re: 81 Scirocco suddenly overheats - followup

The problem was the thermostat. It looked to be in excellent shape, but did not open at all, even at 212°F. Odd that it would so suddenly go completely blooie.

With some trepidation I bought a 'Murray+' brand replacement (made in Israel) from Kragen for $6.99, plus $1.29 for an O-ring. Working OK so far.

Anyway, thanks again for all the responses.

Reply to
nutso fasst

great and thanks for letting us know! ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

"nutso fasst" wrote

Glad you got it sorted, thanks for letting us know...and woo hoo, I got it right!

Reply to
caroline