Re: Complaints

Does any one know of a site or NG that consumers can post a complaint

> against VW or Rialta rv's > > > mad as hell >
Reply to
John H

What issues you having?

Reply to
Woodchuck

If memory serves me, the Rialta is a small RV built on a heavily modified Eurovan. Considering the number of modifications made to the platform and the sheer amount of equipment Rialata adds on to the Eurovan platform, I'd probably first assume that any problems were THEIR fault, not VW's. Steve Grauman

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Rialtas and Eurovan campers since '95 are both Winnie conversions. VW is responsible mechanically-speaking for the drivetrains and cab areas. Rialtas are basically truck frames with a Eurovan cab and Winnie takes care of the rest. Eurovan Campers are LWB cargo vans that Winnie in turn installs camper equipment in. So in each case, VW's area of control is the drivetrain and cab area. Pretty much anything beyond that is probably Winnie's fault.

Rialtas were not sold through VW dealers...they're sold as Winnebago products, so a VW dealer will probably not touch one (and I agree he probably shouldn't feel obligated to except maybe in a mandated recall situation *maybe*) since these were sold as Winnie products and not VWs.

EV Campers were sold though (selected) VW dealers as VW products although when it comes to the Winnie parts in back...not sure what happens there (might come down to whatever it says in the warranty booklet as of the time of original purchase in terms of who is to service the camper equipment). If a VW dealer wasn't a EVC dealer to begin with, he/she might not even service them because of the issue of needing a proper lift for the vehicle's weight and responsibility for the undercarriage (water tanks, propane tanks, etc.).

Reply to
Matt B.

I've seen at least one that seemed to have the VR6. It's not ideal but it seems to work OK. Steve Grauman

Reply to
Steve Grauman

The only engine that was avaliable in U.S. Eurovans was the VR6. Obviously, wether you got the 174Hp 12 valve or the 200HP 24 valve depended on which year you bought. The 5-cylinder hasn't been sold in a U.S. spec Volkswagen since the Vanagon died in 1991. VW doesn't seem to have any idea how to properly design a strong 6-cylinder meant for large vehicles. The 3.2 VR6 powered Touraeg is extremely weak, even though it's had more power for 2005. Why Porsche didn't develop a different engine for the base Cayenne is beyond me. The 4.0 litre V6 in my father's 2003 4Runner runs circles around the 3.2 VW mill, and so do GMC's 4.2 litre I6 (Trailblazer, Envoy, etc..) and Nissan's new 4.0 V6 (2005 Pathfinder). Steve Grauman

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Well, why compare a 3-liter engine to a bunch of 4-liter engines? Shouldn't you compare the 4.2 V8 instead? What's the hangup about the number of cylinders?

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith