Re: How did they steal my new GTI VR6?

Funny how the police can just walk away from these thefts. Something like this happened to my brother about 5 years ago. He had just bought a 99 Jeep Grande Cherokee. About 3 weeks after he had it someone stole it right outside of his wife's place of business. She has a glass window looking right at it all day. One minute it was there, the next gone. My brother contacted the police who just told him to file a report, pretty much blowing him off. Well to make a long story shore my brother was pissed and decided to track them down. He knew is extra cell phone was in the car and called it hoping he could get a lead. Sure enough he some girl picks up. My brother (Steve) plays like he is one of the guys and asks where everyone was meeting to chop up the Jeep. The girl tells him they are down at the shop and gives him directions. Steve then drives down to the shop and pulls up across the street. He sees his Jeep on lifts and some guys trying to take the tires off. The guys in the shop notice Steve and start putting the wheels back on and lowering the Jeep. Steve calls the police and tells him his story. Lucky for him the police had someone close and knew this so called chop shop. They surrounded the place in less then 3 minutes and caught the guys. To make this story more interesting Steve finds out how they stole his Jeep. Only way is with the key with the computer chip. It seems the guys broke into the dealership and stole keys and addresses to the new car sales for the that month.

Steve went back to the dealership and confronted them about the stolen keys. They fessed up to the robbery and apologized for not telling him. I guess they were trying to cover their butts, in the end they just made asses out of themselves.

Jeff Heiss Dallas, TX

Reply to
Jeff Heiss

Sounds like a happy story! :-) Smart guy that Steve. lol

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

sounds like the kind of girls i would want

Reply to
RLGIRSCH