Re: Installing OEM keyless unit in 97 Jetta, need some help.

Come on guys. I need some help on this. People here have done this mod, someone has got to have had this experience.

ccp

All, > > I bought a keyless remote unit and a couple of remotes recently, and > have finally gotten around to installing them in a 97 Jetta. I have > been following some instructions on a website that I was refered to > from the group, and I am now having some problems getting the remotes > programmed. With the 2 key programming method get the 3 honks when I > turn the key in the door, but when I go to the next step - pushing the > unlock button on the remote - I do not get a honk reponse from the > car. And the remotes don't work if I try to go ahead and complete the > programming procedure. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas? I > know that the remotes are both good because I have programmed them on > my GTI, and they work fine. I thought I recall reading somewhere that > there is an antenna connected to one of the pins in the harness > regularly. Is it possible there is something attached to that pin in > the Jetta harness, and that is keeping the signal from being received? > I checked the bentley manual, but I can not see an antenna wire. I > guess it could be there, and not be labled. > > Thanks, > ccp
Reply to
ccp