Re: New Microbus

Does anyone have any information about its launch date in the UK, and what

> options will be offered?

I've been hearing rumors that it was looking too expensive to even produce (at least for the US market) and might not even make it into production. Since you're in the UK you should have the T5 Caravelle/Multivan available by now though.

Reply to
Matt B.

Maybe he's thinking of the Eurovan

Reply to
93 Fox

"Peter" wrote in news:88p5b.520$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep1-win.server.ntli.net:

Typical dealer - know nothing.

You want the real info - try the independant repairers.

Reply to
Helgina Koosmaen

Well, unles you want the dealer to lie to you than ask elsewhere. The dealer has the most up to date information.

Reply to
Peter Cressman

My dealer claims that a modern-day Karman Ghia is being talked about if the Microbus is a success. Doesn't make sense to me, even if the Microbus fails, it's not aimed at the same market a Karman Ghia would be.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

No, but they're both "retro", which is probably what VW is wondering about - whether today's market would be interested in such products. (Particulary with regard to a really tiny, impractical car like the Karman*n* Ghia.)

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

well, just how practical are the miata and z3/z4??

Reply to
dmbvdubber

Well, do these cars make serious money for their manufacturers, or are they there just for "halo effect"?

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

That bus is UGLY.

Reply to
Steven Gee

I agree. I'd much rather have a regular T5 Caravelle/Multivan.

Reply to
Matt B.

making money is one thing... but to have a practical, fun to drive car is another... i'm ready to get in line for the new S4 cabrio, though...

peace,

WiL

'02 >

Reply to
dmbvdubber

and why won't they import the new Touran or Sharan? either mv looks better than anything Chrysler puts out, and it's a V-Dub!! it might be good enough for my wife to change her "no-mv" mind... or was that my mind?

peace,

WiL

'02 Indigo GTI VR6 '04 Colorado Red Touareg V6

Reply to
dmbvdubber