Toyota WISH or INNOVA ???? (in Thailand)

From Wikipedia for the group (I had to look....):

Toyota Wish is a minivan produced by the Japanese automaker Toyota since 2003. It is available as a six and seven-seater, equipped with either a 1.8 or 2.0-litre gasoline engine. It is positioned below the Ipsum and above the Spacio in Toyota's minivan range. Consequently, its main competitors are the Honda Stream and Nissan Liberty. Apart from Japan, the Wish is also assembled in Thailand (for Thailand and Malaysia only) and Taiwan (for Taiwan only).

The Toyota Innova is an Indonesian designed large MPV produced in Indonesia under supervision by Toyota Astra Motor since 2003. As with Toyota Kijang, which it replaced, Toyota Innova is produced and first marketed in 2003 in Indonesia. Toyota Innova is part of Toyota's IMV program together with Hilux Vigo pickup truck and Fortuner PPV. The official name in Indonesia is Toyota Kijang Innova, while for other countries is just Innova.

Powering the Innova is either 2.0 liter 1TR-FE VVT-i, 2.7 liter 2TR-FE VVT-i gasoline, or 2.5 liter 2KD-FTV D4-D common rail variable geometry turbocharger Diesel engine. Trim levels are J, E, G, and V. The 2.7 liter is only for V with automatic transmission.It features a live rear axle and it is of front engined rear wheel drive configuration.

The Innova is also sold in India (replacing Toyota Qualis), Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand. Unlike some of the Innova's competition, such as the Hindustan Pushpak and the Chevrolet Tavera, the Innova looks more like a minivan ? in fact, its styling can be said to be similar to Toyota's other MPV offerings, namely the USDM Toyota Sienna and the Toyota Previa. In addition, the Innova was designed to be affordable, not expensive as the other MPVs in India.Also the Toyota Innova is available in the UAE and Vietnam .

Reply to
Tomes

These models are produced in Asia and not exported to the US (or anywhere else, from what I read). However:

They are Toyotas. Have you ever owned a Toyota before? If you have, then you should know they rarely make a bad vehicle.

Apart from that, I guess you need to assess your needs and see which fits better. Are you looking for a cargo hauler, or a people mover? It says the Innova competes with the Honda van, which we do get here, and is slightly larger than a Sienna (US version).

The Honda would be a good bet, too, if it is available in your market. Any one of these, I'm sure would be a good, reliable vehicle for you. If you could provide more background and what your needs are, that might be helpful.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hi all, Is that anyone that have a Toyota WISH or INNOVA ? I really do have hard time to choose which one I want to buy as they are very similar for the shape and prices so what about the quality ? Comfort etc ?.

Any info or comments appreciate and thanks,

Reply to
John & Su