Re: Seized O2 sensor remnants me too

Yess Sir I want to change my O2 sensor to but I ame scared like hell this is

>going to happen to me to on my 88 fox any ideas out there how to loosen it >before breaking it to smitereens!!! Thanks moony. > > > > > >> After spending 2 hrs on the friggen thing...I have had it.... >> >> The O2 sensor on my '90 Jetta Carat was fried and I thought that since it >> was in the cat and not in the manifold, removing it would be no >issue.....I >> was wrong >> >> The top half of the sensor broke apart and left me with the nut portion of >> the sensor. I can't get my socket up onto the nut because of the angle in >> which the O2 sits. >> >> Any Ideas??? >> >> Thanks, >> >> Pete >> >> -- >> -- >> 1990 Jetta GL Wolfsburg Edition (Jude) >> 1989 Jetta Carat (Un-named, but open to suggestions!) >> 1968 Beetle GLX (Rhett) >> >> "It's not a car, It's a Volkswagen" >> >>

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

Or $25 at a local muffler shop!

- Pete

Reply to
Peter Cressman

So I guess you go it done! On my '89 (the sensor is on the head), I place the closed end of a 22 mm (I think) wrench over the nut and hammer away (using a pipe to make up the distance. Works like a charm. Don't know how this'll work with an O2 sensor on the cat. though.

Darryl.

Reply to
Darryl