Rear Headrests on A2 Jettas ?

I need to replace the rear seatback on my '85 Jetta 2-door. Did any of the '85-'92 rear seatbacks include headrests? I could've sworn I've seen them in that era, but perhaps I'm thinking of Quantums or Audis 4000s rather than Jettas?

Along the same lines, were the rear seats for the 2-door and 4-door A2 Jettas identical ? I'm presuming they probably were, but I'd hate to go to the trouble of pulling them out of a 4-door at a junkyard only to find out they won't fit my 2-door.

And of course it's a longshot, but I don't suppose the seats from an '85-87 Audi 4000 or '88-91 Audi 80/90 would fit a Jetta ?

- FM -

Reply to
Fred Mau

I believe some of the Jetta Carat models had them.

Not sure on that one.

'85-87 Audi 4000 or '88-91 Audi 80/90 would fit a Jetta ?

Doubtful.

Reply to
Matt B.

They were an option on the Jetta GL

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Yes. Mine. Was a factory option in 85 at the cost of 210DM. ;-)

IMHO yes. Only syncro is different, as the back seat can be folded down.

The rails are to far apart on those. But you can use the seat-cushion and cltoh/leather from an Audi on the lower part of your seats and the Audi-backrest will bolt right onto the VW lower frame. Putting the leather of an 89 Audi V8 onto my rear seat's frame was a bit more work though.

Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Braune