Rear wheel camber

Standing from behind looking at my 86 GTI, the drivers side rear wheel is tilted, looks a bit more than the passenger side.

Should these puppies be straight up and down, or more like my TR6's independent suspension with a inward tilt when still, but when moving, they more or less stand up a bit better?

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

VW spec for the camber on your car is something like -1.5deg. That much negative camber may help the car handle great, but IMHO, it also leads to short tire life.

The rear of your car is adjustable:

I should note that I'm a tech and have the option of tossing any of my cars on an alignment machine any time I want at no cost to me. I don't suggest people doing this on their own because first you have to get your base readings, then if you go home and do the shims, you have to turn around and get the car aligned again to do the job right (sure one could pull the steering wheel off and level it out that way).

Later.

Reply to
Pencilneck

Reply to