Grumbling passenger side wheel.

The passenger side front wheel on my bird's Citroen ZX grumbles. It tends only to grumble when you're turning right moderately hard, loading up that side of the car - in a straight line it's generally silent.

Any ideas? Wheel bearing or something else?

Reply to
Doki

Tell it to suck it up and take it like a man. ;P

Reply to
Depresion

CV joint?

Reply to
diy-newby

Wheel bearing would be the first suspect.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

It's just occurred to me that a) it's been doing it a while and b) it passed the MOT quite happily in December. Is it possible for them to be knackered and not have play?

Reply to
Doki

Most definitely.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Bah. Hate doing wheel bearings.

Reply to
Doki

Hydraulic press. Makes it easy. (Or possible on old VAG ones)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Doki ("Doki" ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Yes. Easily.

First comes noise, then comes play. Then, eventually, comes seizure... A mate had a rear wheel bearing seize on a Renault. At 60+. A near new tyre had a flat spot through to the cords.

(but eventually will be a while...)

Reply to
Adrian

Yes.