'92 Jetta rattle in exhast

'92 Jetta, 140K miles, rattles under acceleration in 1st and 2nd. Coming from area of katalitic or heat shields in that area. Any ideas?

Larry

El Cerrito, CA

Reply to
Lawrence Radcliffe

catalytic ,either weld the sheild tight or remove it and dont park in high grass

Reply to
RLGIRSCH

Yep. It's the cat or the shields :-)

Seriously though...that's what it probably is. The shields need tightening and/or the cat is busted up inside and rattling.

Reply to
Matt B.

You didn't mention if you have had any exhaust repairs. If OEM parts are not used the exhaust systems will make noises or bump different places. The other thing may be the struts on the front may be weak. I've seen that several times. One other thing may be the front motor mount or the transmission mount has leaked or weaked. I hope this helps. Enjoy

Reply to
golfman