Rear window washer 99.5 Golf

Hello everyone.

Slight problem with my rear washer, on my 1999.5 Golf - The brass tube which supplies the interconnection from the supply hose though the metal part that holds the wiper in place and then to the point where water jets out has broke.

This is one of those "the 10 cent part ruins the perfectly good 100 dollar part" - this is usually the case with car parts :-(... sadly.

Anyhow the part is 168 dollars CND - the whole unit, I just need the little brass tube and the plastic connector that the supply hose plugs in to - the VW parts desk can see the part on their computer (Part 28 of the rear wiper assembly) but it says "this is not a spare part" when you click on it... The little plug (with the nozzle that makes the water into a high pressure stream) that goes into this part is a spare part, and costs around 10 bucks - I lost my original when taking the wiper assembly apart.

If anyone knows someone who de-rear wipered a Golf or GTI in the MK4 generation, knows of a cheap online supplier, or something similar let me know... I'm going to try the scrappers, but it's not looking good so far.

TIA - just gotta keep remembering "If you go to wash the rear window, you'll flood the trunk with water" right now.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

this is a fairly low pressure.

i dont know how the tube is connected to the rest of the $100 part but hobby shops sell tubing which you can solder in place if the rest of the part can resist heat

but i would go for a rubber fish tank tube and use bike tube repair glue. if you dont rush the drying process it should outlast the rest of the existing tubes in the washer system

Reply to
beerismygas

Why do I throw out parts before I get responces here?.... Excellent suggestion, would have worked perfectly (using a new brass tube from a hobby shop) but I threw out the connector with the brass tube sticking out of it after I removed all the broken pieces from my wiper motor....

Reply to
Rob Guenther