Pathetic rear washer on 02 Montana

Recently bought a used Montana, and have found that the rear window washer seems to be just about useless. There's absolutely no spraying of water, rather, it just kinda trickles feebly down onto the glass, where it is immediately swept off by the wiper. No water ever gets a chance to get down to the lower reaches of the window, so cleaning is patchy at best. I asked the service dept. at my local dealership and was told this is pretty much par for the course with these minivans. Would like to hear from other owners if their rear washers work this badly, so I know if I should go back to the dealership and demand they do some warranty work on it. TIA

Reply to
John Smith

I have an '01 Montana. Rear washer works reasonably well. Make sure your WW fluid is topped off. I think the intake for the rear pump is above the front pump, so while the fronts might wash fine, the rear will be starved for fluid and not pump much, if anything at all.

Reply to
Matt Mayer

Reply to
John Smith

Trickles down. It's a good enough amount that it does actually get the whole wipe area clean.

Reply to
Matt Mayer