Windshield washer rear

2000 Aero StationWagon
Rear window windshield washer doesnt work. The tank is full and I can hear the pump when the button is pushed .... how to fix and where does the
spray come out .. ????

I have a 2002 Aero wagon. My rear washer still works, sorta. It still sprays water, and most of the water is ending up on the window (i.e. the nozzles seem to be aimed right), but all it does is smear the window. It doesn't actually clear the gunk off the glass. Am I doing something wrong or do all Aero wagons work (or NOT work) like this?
Gary Fritz wrote:

For best results, you need the wiper to work too.

Thanks, that's helpful. Not.
The wiper is working. That's the part that does the smearing.
Gary Fritz wrote:

Then it's the wiper blade that needs to be replaced.

Or just clean the blade, mine needs cleaning periodically on my '87 Aero.
Al
in article wlAxf.126395$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk, Al at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 12/01/2006 22:02:

... With distilled white vinegar ... They work like new afterwards.
wrote on 12/01/2006 22:02:

Cleaning gourmet style eh Paul!? I do it beans on toast style......get a wad of kitchen roll soaked in washer fluid from the jets and give it a good rub down......
Al
Anyone know if the rear wash/wiper problem ever get sorted? If so How? Just curious 'cause I've had the same problem for the last year or so..
wrote on 12/01/2006 22:02:

Aero.
good
John wrote:

It is probably the nozzles that are blocked by dirt/rust. You can lift the cap at the centre axis of the wiper and try pumping out the washer fluid without the nozzles. If still no fluid there is a blocking valve in the rear door that prevents the fluid from returning, maybe this valve also blocks in the right direction? Another possibility is that the rubber pipe is loose just when entering the washer assembly. However, in this case you would see the fluid dripping out of the door!
If the nozzles are blocked you can try to flush with pressurised air but since it is a 10 dollar part its is probably better just replacing it.
--
th

My 9000 was doing the exact same thing. The passenger side jets were just a trickle as well. I remedied the problem by replacing the washer nozzle check valves under the hood.

hear