Remove/replace injectors; now car won't run

'98 Cabrio, Manual trans, 2.0L

I've been having trouble since I replaced the timing belt a few months back. Changed plugs, cap & rotor, but it seemed like #4 cylinder was weak, so I pulled the injectors to swap #1 for #4. But now I've got it back together, and the car won't run at all. It starts, idles OK, but every time I hit the gas, it stalls out. Sometimes it stalls all by itself.

I've checked all connections (electrical, fuel & air) - everything's as right as I can make it.

I've done the computer reset thing (remove power 20 minutes, turn ignition on w/o starting until buzzing under hood stops) - to no avail

Is there some magic fuel system priming process my book doesn't mention?

Reply to
Francis Rowe

Two likely problems. THe timing belt is one tooth off or the ruber boot from the throttle to the MAF sensor is leaking air.

Reply to
Eduardo K.

Not sure if it was the boot being loose or not, but when I discinnected the battery & left it overnight, it started OK. Thanks for the advice.

Reply to
Francis Rowe

I have never seen a "reboot" fix anything on a pre 99 2.0 other than throttle adaptation.

Reply to
Woodchuck