Rough, Wobbly Idle '93 Jetta GL

My '93 GL is getting stinky. When I start it it runs rough and then after about ten minutes driving the idle goes swings back and forth from ~1400 to 600 RPM and then settles out after a few minutes more.

When I am driving I can smell the stink of fuel. I just had valve seals done but there is still a bit of a plume of smoke when I start it. My mech told me that the 02 sensor is bust.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
J Jetta