Engine Service Light

The low fuel light on my '98 Jetta GT turned on, and about a minute later, the engine service light also went on. I understand (now) that this can happen due to low fuel pressure. I filled the car with gas, expected the light to go off immidiately, but it hasn't (I have only put a few kilometers on the car since). Do I need to go to a dealer to have them reset the light, or will the light go off on its own with a little driving?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Reply to
Paul Bergman

It has nothing to do with fuel pressure but you may have set a misfire fault from low fuel. Drive it and the light should go out in less than a week.

Reply to
Woodchuck