sagging door hinges

Hello all,

Is there any way to refurbish sagging door hinges ('85 Golf) without replacing the door or welding on new ones? (I.e., can the hinge pins be hammered out, and bushings inserted?) TIA for any advice.

Denny Two '85 Diesel Golfs

Reply to
Dennis Straussfogel

you could replace the hinges( I dont think you should have to weld them, as they should be bolted to the body and the door, not welded. another trick that i have tried, and worked very well is below. make sure to do it little by little( you could make the hinges worse if you go slammin a 19mm soket in your door hinge : D

This was taken of of dub-tech.com---------------------------- open the door and place a 19mm (or similar large socket) into "crotch" of the lower hinge and attempt to close the door (you will have to do it little by little). Close the door till you feel the tension of the socket against the inside of the hinge, then press another say 1/2" -

1".
Reply to
P. Van Hout

Not sure if this will work on the A2s, but it works well on the A1s:

Roger Brown

Ah, yes! This might just do it! Thanks a lot. (Nice page, that.)

Denny

Reply to
Dennis Straussfogel