scratch on glass?

My wife backed my 04 Passat against a mailbox and scraped a 4 inch line into one of my side windows. Yes I'm glad that that's all. Does anyone have a suggestion to remove a scrape from glass w/o replacing the window. Would body compund work for instance? Thanks, David

Reply to
D&LBusch

The best system to use right now is Glasweld. It's a polishing system used by many glass shops, automotive and building. It can actually take the glass that was not removed and replace into the scratch without causing a distortion to the glass. I recommend calling local glass shops and see if they use this system. They may charge labor to polish the scratch out and there is probably no way to estimate the time involved since they won't know how long until they do the job.

Reply to
Archangel

Depends how deep it is - if you run a fingernail across it and you can catch your nail in the scratch its too deep to polish out.. If you can't feel it then you a glass polishing kit using cerium oxide might work. Screwfix sell one that I used to take some scratches out of a fish tank. Costs £19.99 & works with patience.

You'll find it at

HTH

I.

Reply to