Signl Light Problems 2001 Jetta Fuse (?)

Hi all,

Well, my first problem in my new (new to me!) 2001 Jetta. My Signal lights/blinkers are not working proper, they will blink a little and then go off, each time is different for each way. Could this be a fuse?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Dave

I don't think it has the kind of fuse that would do that. I would be more likely to suspect the flasher unit. If it is the same as my 2002 NB, and I think it is, it just pops out (it's attached to the hazard light switch). However the part, if I remember correctly is about $40-$60.

VW's can be sensitive to the wrong lamps. Make sure the lamps used are exact replacements of the originals and make sure they are all working.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

The wishful thinking of a fuse. First of all if it was a use it would work at all, PERIOD! You need to replace the hazard flasher switch in the dash.

Reply to
Woodchuck

The same happened to a co-worker's '02 jetta and I think it was the flasher switch.

Reply to
Matt B.