Turning off Airbag Light

Hello:

I had the dreaded Passat Water leak and pulled the passenger seat and carpet up to dry underneath.

I had to drive the car in this condition, so the airbag light lit up and the panel announced airbag fault.

I just re-installed the seat and connected the air bag wire. The airbag fault is no longer displayed but the little yellow air bag symbol is still lit up. Will it go out eventually or will I need to go the the dealer?

Jim

PS: Please respond to group. Thanks

Reply to
JTM065

You might need to goto the dealer and have them re-set your code (flash the ECU)... Maybe if your car is still under warranty, yo could have them take a look at the water leak as well From VWsport.com NNTP Gateway

Reply to
mk1tuner

The car is 4 years old w/75K miles. No warranty....

The water was backing up from the drain out of the a/c "box". I've brought it to the dealer 2 times to fix, but they apparantly only clear the cowl drains.

I pulled the glovebox, underdash panel and loosened the drain "tube". The "grommet" that takes the drain thru the floor pan was plugged. I pushed it down and it wedged between the floor pan and the diamond plate heat shield.

I brought it to the dealer to repair/replace the grommet and the dealer claims there is no grommet there. They refused to drop the heat shield and retrieve the piece that was there.

I'm bringing it to a local garage to get it on the lift and see what's down there. Is dropping the heat shield a pain?

Thanks

Reply to
JTM065