Some Disturbing Trends in Dub Land........

The previous S40 platform was shared w/the Mistubishi Carisma. The current one is shared with the Madza 3 and current Euro-spec Ford Focus (not our US Focus...that one is the previous platform).

Regardless, not being a 100% Volvo platform doesn't mean it's inferior either.

Reply to
Matt B.

And even the previous Ford Focus is still a competitive car in it's class in the US. It's no longer at the head of the pack since it's the Mk1 facelifted version and not the Mk2 version, but it was a great car when it first came out...arguably some said it rode and handled a little better than a Mk4 Golf at the time.

Reply to
Matt B.

Yes, indeed. But then again, the interior is not for everyones taste. And the reliability is not exactly stellar, especially the suspension. They tend to do well for the first 2-3 years, and then start to "fall apart". The top of the line here in europe, the ST170 also has some worrying construction defects, such as inadequate engine mounts which tend to cause expensive damage if failed. The focus Mk2 looks much better to me (has a decent interior now), but peaple say, that it handles worse as mk1.

Reply to
draugaz