VW Trends

Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but if you go to the VW Trends Website at

it makes the announcement about themagazine ceasing publication, and it gives you a phone number to call withsubscription issues. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

my subcription runs out 3/05....guess im lucky...i hadn't planned to re-new anyway...

------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004

Reply to
Chris Perdue

Talk about worthless. I clicked the "continued" link and it takes me to "VW Trends Subscriber Services" where I can renew my subscription or order a gift subscription. No help there for my subscription that runs out in 2011. So I called the number. The idiot answered the phone WV Trends, how can I help you". Yes he said W V, not VW. I asked him what they are going to do about my subscription and he said "They're not telling us anything yet". PriMedia is a fu**ed up company. They need to get their act straight. They'll probably offer me a subscription to Import Tuner or Honda Tuning instead. If so, I'll demand $21.97 per year back for the remainder of my subscription (6 years) and then send the money to Hot VWs. Glad Kaferdave got out when he did.

Neil

Reply to
Neil

They won't. Editorial takes a back seat to advertising with those clowns, and customer service follows behind. I've seen interesting, cutting-edge magazines turn to crap after having been bought by Primedia.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Darned bean counters did 'em in.

Reply to
jjs

Subscription services are outsourced, and sometimes the outsourcer has its own ideas about running a business, squeezing the publisher until the lawyers get together. Subscriptions services are just one rung below the outlaws AKA:distribution services.

Reply to
jjs

Good think I got out back in the early Fall !!!! I think everyone knew this was coming, everyone but the ones but the office! I just feel sad for those who maybe have lost their jobs, hope they have a backup plan with Primedia!

Reply to
southeastvw

Good think I got out back in the early Fall !!!! I think everyone knew this was coming, everyone but the ones but the office! I just feel sad for those who maybe have lost their jobs, hope they have a backup plan with Primedia!

Reply to
southeastvw

That is one way to look at it. Don't you also feel for the editor and all the rest of the workers who had nothing to do with the demise? As a former editor, I know the strings are pulled from the top-down and sometimes it has nothing to do with the subscribers.

peace,

jjs

Reply to
jjs

Why did they continue sending renewal notices if they knew they were ceasing publication? Seems like fraud to me. I just renewed after getting

6 notices in the mail that my subscription was expiring.

I know from past experience that when a magazine goes under, you don't get your money back. I hope Primedia lets us choose which rag we want to replace Trends with. They have a pretty good selection.

AL

Reply to
A.J.L.

That's how it is in corporate america. You don't know your job is being canceled until it is too late. The people sending renewal notices were probably clueless.

Reply to
GaryH

I recently renewed my sub a couple months ago. Based on the comments in this thread, I sent them an e-mail advising that I wanted to cancel and get a refund since they are ceasing publication. In a return e-mail, they agreed. We shall see.

- - - Al Gilson

1970 Convertible

Reply to
Al Gilson

I'm not going to do anything.

Let's wait and see :)

Jan

Al Gils>

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I started up a 2-year subscription to "Car And Driver." Best car magazine overall that I've ever read in my opinion.

Reply to
Shaggie

Here's a reply from VW Trends that I just received:

- - - -

Dear Mr Gilson,

We have cancelled your subscription as you have requested. We have issued a refund in the amount of $18.28, and you should receive it in 4 to 6 weeks. The last issue that will be mailed is dated March 2005.

Sincerely,

Pat Everland Customer Service Please include all previous emails with your reply.

- - - - -

Again.....we'll see. I've heard "the check is in the mail" before. But it's a start. You never know. Perhaps I'll be suprised. Maybe the check will even clear. I believe that their site says that the March issue is the last.

Al Gilson

1970 Convertible

Reply to
Al Gilson

hopefully you subscribed on eBay:

of the 20+ "C&D" subscription ads on eBay right now are $9.99 for a 3 year sub. Some charge and extra $5 for S&H, but some do not. I subscribe to all my magazines now on eBay (except Hot VWs and Military Vehicles). Neil

Reply to
Neil

Shaggie wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You won't be disappointed, Travis. I've been a subscriber for 15 years. Car & Driver is known for its colorful prose and blunt honesty. Literary quality aside, you know how there are some magazines with women in them that you will never have? C&D does the same thing with cars...

Reply to
cloud8

Ouch! No, I didn't. Thanks for the tip. Next time I subscribe to any magazine I'll check out ebay first. I still got 2 years (24 issues) for $22 which I thought was a pretty good deal since one C&D magazine from the grocery store is $4.50.

Reply to
Shaggie

The cool thing is that you can use the auctions to "stack" your subscriptions. My current VW Trends subscription expires in 2011, although since they are discontinuing the rag, I'll demand a refund, like others did. At $21.97 per year for 6 years, I'll be able to subscribe to lots of magazines. You just win the auction and then say you want it as a renewal, and a couple months later, you notice the exp date on your mailing label is a couple years later.

Neil

Reply to
Neil